The New Year is a great time for new beginnings. We know that God is a God of new beginnings. Throughout the Bible, people like Noah, Moses, Ruth and Paul experienced the thrill and joy of “starting over.” While sometimes a fresh start is nearly impossible, I believe that God is providing a new beginning for many of us. Please consider how God may be speaking to you about a new beginning in your life.
In order to experience a new beginning, we must:
- Learn from the past but let go of the past. Those who live in the past are stuck there and can’t dream of a better future.
- Be willing to take a risk. We do not know the specifics of how the future will turn out so it requires great faith to begin again.
- Forgive yourself and others for past failures. Holding onto hurts prevents us from moving forward.
- Pray and think creatively. God never runs out of fresh ideas for today and tomorrow. Seek His face for the future.
- Be willing to change what needs to be changed. If we keep doing the same things we’ve always done, we will keep getting the same results we’ve always gotten.
- Be assured that God is a God of new beginnings and He wants to help you to start fresh today!
2017 can be the best year of our lives. While the challenges are significant in regard to the details of everyday living, I believe that God has placed us where we are for this specific time. He doesn’t want us stuck in the past – He wants us moving confidently forward into the bright future that He has for us, all under the power of the Holy Spirit.
May the grace of God enable us to embrace the wonderful plans that He has for us and may we experience the joy of fulfilling those plans!