There are still many people who have not gone back to in person services at their churches. A few have legitimate physical conditions that may make their attendance a bad idea. However, some of those same people go other places like Walmart and restaurants. Others simply don’t attend services because they have gotten out of the habit. I would like to give you 5 reasons to go back to church on Sunday.
1. There’s no place like church home. Watching services online or on television is a nice substitute, but they cannot replace the experience of being in the same room with fellow worshippers, encountering the presence of God. God does things when the Church gathers that can happen in no other setting.
2. Your church needs you. According to Scripture, each of us are a part of the Body of Christ and each part is necessary. If we are not present to do our part, either our part will not get done or someone else will have to do it. You and I have specific spiritual gifts, talents, abilities and callings that are unique. No one else can fill your role in the church like you. Your church needs you there.
3. Future generations need an example to follow. If our generation abandons the church gathering, there may be no church gathering available for those who come behind us. Know that when you faithfully attend church services, you are setting an example for others to follow.
4. It’s a Biblical mandate. Regardless of what some may say, God expects us to gather with our church family. While missing church may not be a sin or a requirement to go to heaven, it most certainly is an expectation displayed in the Bible. Of course, we are wise if we follow the Biblical patterns.
5. You need your church. You need to hear your pastor preach. You need to sing along with other church members. You need to give in the offering. You need the fellowship of other Believers, even if social distancing is being observed. You need to serve and exercise your gifts. You may be able to survive without these things but, without questions, you will not thrive spiritually without these things.Let’s go back to church!